Quick Veggie Macaroni Dinner
By mbystedt on Nov 10, 2012, 12:36:32 AM
375 mL (1.5 cups) shell macaroni
1 medium onion, chopped
5 mL (1 tsp) each garlic powder, basil and oregano
1 can (796 mL/28 oz) diced tomatoes
375 mL (1.5 cups) frozen mixed vegetables
1 can (398 mL/14 oz) kidney beans
- Cook pasta according to package directions.
- In large skillet cook onion in a little vegetable oil until tender.
- Add all other ingredients and stir until mixture boils.
- Stir in pasta.
- Lower heat and simmer until serving.
- Add hot sauce or top with grated cheese if desired.
Serves 4 to 5.
Best served hot and with pepper.